This page is deprecated, visit the HTCondor download page for updated instructions.
HTCondor is in the Debian and Ubuntu repositories as well as Enterprise Linux’s EPEL, but these versions may lag behind our current releases. If you want a newer version, please consider using one of our repositories installed via your package manager.
We have repositories for the current and previous versions of Enterprise Linux, Debian, and Ubuntu LTS and each distribution will have 3 release series available: Development, Stable, and Previous. If you're unsure which one to choose, go with stable series.
- The Development series is updated every 6-8 weeks and has new features under development. We do run it in our production environment before release. However, we have the resources to quickly address the problems found.
- The Stable series is updated several times during the year, whenever a bug has sufficient impact on one of our users.
- The Previous repository contains the last release of the previous Stable series.
The main package (condor on Enterprise Linux systems, htcondor on Debian/Ubuntu system) needs to be configured before running HTCondor. There is a minicondor package (minihtcondor on Debian/Ubuntu) that configures HTCondor to run on a single node.
Except for EL6, we only support 64-bit Intel architectures.
- EL6 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, CentOS 6, Scientific Linux 6) Stable Previous
- EL7 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, CentOS 7, Scientific Linux 7) Stable Development Previous
- EL8 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, CentOS 8) Stable Development
- Debian 9 (Stretch) Stable Development Previous
- Debian 10 (Buster) Stable Development
- Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus) Stable Development Previous
- Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) Stable Development Previous
- Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa) Stable Development
HTCondor documentation and manuals may be downloaded, or viewed online from the HTCondor Manual.