The course reader contains book chapters, notes, and articles that are
required readings for the class.
- Elements of Early Vision for Computer Graphics
by James Ferwerda..
appeard in IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, September/October
- Chapter 13: Achromatic and Chromatic Light
from J. Foley, A. van Dam, S. Feiner, J. Hughes, Computer Graphics:
Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition in C. 1990, Addison-Wesley.
Part 1: (Sections 13-1) - Achromatic Light
Part 2: (Sections 13-2 to 13-6) - Color
- The Intuitions of Signal Processing (for Motion
Editing) by Michael Gleicher
- Basic Signal Processing by Pat Hanrahan
- Compositing Digital Images. by Tom Porter
and Tom Duff.
appeared in the Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '84.
- Image Compositing Fundamentals by Alvy Ray
Microsoft Technical Memo #4, appears on Alvy Ray Smith's web page.
- Paint by Numbers: Abstract Image Representations
by Paul Haeberli
appeared in the Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '90.
- Chapter 3: Basic Raster Graphics Algorithms for
Drawing 2D Primitives
J. Foley, A. van Dam, S. Feiner, J. Hughes, and R. Phillips. Introduction
to Computer Graphics. Addison-Wesley, 1994.
- Chapter 10: Three-Dimensional Object Representations
(first 15 sections)
from D. Hearn and P. Baker. Computer Graphics: C version. Prencice Hall,
- Chapter 5: Texturing
from Tomas Moller and Eric Haines. Real-Time Rendering. A.K. Peters,
- Principles of Traditional Animation Applied to
Computer Animation by John Lasseter
appeared in Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '87
- Computer Animation. by J. Hodgins, J O'Brien,
and R. Bodenheimer.
appeared in Encyclopedia of Computer Science, Thompson Press.