Computing with HTCondor™
Our goal is to develop, implement, deploy, and evaluate mechanisms and policies that support High Throughput Computing (HTC) on large collections of distributively owned computing resources. Guided by both the technological and sociological challenges of such a computing environment, the Center for High Throughput Computing at UW-Madison has been building the open source HTCondor distributed computing software (pronounced "aitch-tee-condor") and related technologies to enable scientists and engineers to increase their computing throughput.
Note: The HTCondor software was known as 'Condor' from 1988 until its name changed in 2012. If you are looking for Phoenix Software International's software development and library management system for z/VSE or z/OS, click here.
May 16, 2018
May 10, 2018
May 10, 2018
March 13, 2018
March 13, 2018
February 28, 2018
We invite HTCondor users, administrators, and developers to HTCondor Week 2018, our annual HTCondor user conference, in beautiful Madison, Wisconsin, May 21-24, 2018. HTCondor Week features tutorials and talks from HTCondor developers, administrators, and users. It also provides an opportunity for one-on-one or small group collaborations throughout the week. In addition, the HEPiX Spring 2018 Workshop will also take place in Madison the preceding week.
Our annual HTCondor Week user conference will be held in beautiful Madison, WI on May 21-24, 2018, and will feature tutorials and talks from HTCondor developers, administrators, and users. Visit the website for details. Also note the HEPiX Spring 2018 Workshop will take place in Madison the preceding week (May 14-18)
The 2018 European HTCondor Workshop will be held Tuesday Sept 4 through Friday Sept 7, 2018, at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire, UK. Details to follow in the months to come.
- What is the HTCondor software?
- Downloads including HTCondor source and binaries for Linux, Windows, and Mac.
- Documentation includes the Quick Start Guide and the HTCondor Manual. Also see HOWTO recipes and job submission examples.
- Support Options include community and professional solutions.
- Forthcoming release plans
- License Information
- Security Information
- Email Lists - ask questions and share experiences with users worldwide.
- HTCondor Week is our annual community meeting. Materials from past meetings include talks from science and industry, plus useful tutorials.
- HTCondor Wiki contains FAQs, bug tickets, and more.
- Live chat via IRC on Freenode #distcomp
- Blog Posts aggregated at GitHub from multiple sites.
- Privacy Notice
- Official Logos