HTCondor Week 2017 is coming soon!
About the meeting
HTCondor Week is an annual event that gives collaborators and users the chance to exchange ideas and experiences, to learn about the latest research, to experience live demos, and to influence our short and long term research and development directions. HTCondor Week 2017 will take place May 2-5, 2017.
RegistrationRegistration for HTCondor Week 2017 is now open. Register here. The registration deadline is Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
- This year, registration includes access to the conference and conference materials, lunches, coffee/refreshment breaks, and, possibly, evening receptions.
An overview of the HTCondor Week 2017 schedule is below. More detailed information can be found by following the links to the schedules for each day.
|Tuesday, May 2||9am-5pm||Morning||Introductory tutorials|
|Wednesday, May 3||9am-5pm||Technical talks|
|Thursday, May 4||9am-5pm||Technical talks|
|Friday, May 5||9am-12pm||Technical talks, tutorials|
Preview of some expected talks
- "160,000 Core Demo on Google Compute Engine" by Steve Timm from FNAL
- "AWS Deep Learning using HTCondor" by Sanjay Padhi from Amazon
- "Google Compute Engine with HTCondor" by Karan Bhatia from Google
- "Using Docker with HTCondor - learn it, live it, love it" by Michael Fienen from the USGS
- "HTCondor in Astronomy" by Greg Daues and Steve Pietrowicz from the National Center for Supercomputing Applications
- "Detecting and Managing Job Progress and Events with an HTCondor Update Job Info Hook" by Michael Pelletier from Raytheon
- "Using Docker, HTCondor, and AWS for EDA model development" by Andy Howard from Cycle Computing
- Plus many more... (Detailed schedule information coming soon.)
Some planned tutorials
- An Introduction to Using HTCondor
- DAGMan: HTCondor and Workflows
- HTCondor Python Bindings
- Administrating HTCondor
- Transitioning HTCondor to RHEL7
- Extreme Scaling with HTCondor
- Pegasus Hands-On Tutorial
- And, of course, the perennial favorite: What's New in HTCondor
- Plus many other panels, demos, and talks from the Center for High Throughput Computing! (Detailed schedule information coming soon.)
ConsultationsNeed help with a specific HTCondor issue? Set up a one-on-one consultation with an HTCondor developer at HTCondor week! To do so, please email us (htcondor-week (at) cs.wisc.edu) with some information about your issue, and we'll match you up with an appropriate HTCondor person.
Questions? Contact us!
If you have logistics questions, you can contact us.