Eric BachComputational number theory and algebra, analysis of randomized and quantum algorithms, cryptography.
Jin-Yi CaiComplexity theory: structural, nonuniform models, worst-case vs average-case, lattice problems.
Shuchi ChawlaAlgorithms for combinatorial and stochastic optimization, game theory, hardness of approximation, privacy, learning theory.
Dieter van MelkebeekComplexity theory: lower bounds for NP-complete problems, pseudorandomness and derandomization, quantum computing.
- Heng Guo, PhD 2015 › postdoc at Queen Mary University of London
- Seeun William Umboh, PhD 2015 › postdoc at TU Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Tyson Williams, PhD 2015 › Blocher Consulting
- David Malec, PhD 2014 › postdoc at the University of Maryland
- Balasubramanian (Balu) Sivan, PhD 2013 › postdoc at Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Siddharth Barman, PhD 2012 › postdoc at the Center for the Mathematics of Information, Caltech
- Matthew Anderson, PhD 2012 › postdoc at Cambridge University
- Michael Kowalczyk, PhD 2010 › assistant professor at Northern Michigan University
- Jeffrey (Jeff) Kinne, PhD 2010 › assistant professor at Indiana State University
- Scott Diehl, PhD 2008 › assistant professor at Siena College
- Denis Charles, PhD 2005 › postdoc at Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Venkat Chakravarthy, PhD 2004 › IBM Research, New Delhi
- November 04, 2016: Theory SeminarThe FedEx ProblemKira Goldner2:00 PM, Room 3310
Fall 2016 Courses
- CS 240:Discrete MathematicsBeck Hasti
- CS 520:Introduction to Theoretical Computer ScienceJin-Yi Cai
- CS 577:Introduction to AlgorithmsEric Bach, Barış Aydınlıoğlu
- CS 787:Advanced AlgorithmsShuchi Chawla