Eric BachComputational number theory and algebra, analysis of randomized and quantum algorithms, cryptography.
Jin-Yi CaiComplexity theory of counting problems: Classification Program for partition functions of Graph Homomorphisms, Spin Systems, Counting Constraint Satisfaction Problems, and Holant Problems.
Shuchi ChawlaAlgorithms for combinatorial, stochastic, and online optimization; applications to economics; algorithmic mechanism design; learning theory.
Dieter van MelkebeekComplexity theory: lower bounds for NP-complete problems, pseudorandomness and derandomization, quantum computing.
Christos Tzamos (joining Fall '18)Algorithmic game theory and mechanism design, learning theory, fine-grained complexity.
Dimitris PaparasAlgorithms, Complexity Theory, Computational Economics / Algorithm Game Theory, and Optimization
- Barış Aydınlıoğlu, PhD 2017
- Heng Guo, PhD 2015 › postdoc at Queen Mary University of London
- Seeun William Umboh, PhD 2015 › postdoc at TU Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Tyson Williams, PhD 2015 › Blocher Consulting
- David Malec, PhD 2014 › postdoc at the University of Maryland
- Balasubramanian (Balu) Sivan, PhD 2013 › postdoc at Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Siddharth Barman, PhD 2012 › postdoc at the Center for the Mathematics of Information, Caltech
- Matthew Anderson, PhD 2012 › postdoc at Cambridge University
- Michael Kowalczyk, PhD 2010 › assistant professor at Northern Michigan University
- Jeffrey (Jeff) Kinne, PhD 2010 › assistant professor at Indiana State University
- Scott Diehl, PhD 2008 › assistant professor at Siena College
- Denis Charles, PhD 2005 › postdoc at Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Venkat Chakravarthy, PhD 2004 › IBM Research, New Delhi
No upcoming talks.Past Talks »
Fall 2017 Courses
- CS 520:Theory of ComputingEric Bach
- CS 577:Intro to AlgorithmsJin-Yi Cai
- CS 710:Computational ComplexityDieter van Melkebeek
- CS 880:Algorithms for Massive DatasetsShuchi Chawla