Eric BachComputational number theory and algebra, analysis of randomized and quantum algorithms, cryptography.
Jin-Yi CaiComplexity theory of counting problems: Classification Program for partition functions of Graph Homomorphisms, Spin Systems, Counting Constraint Satisfaction Problems, and Holant Problems.
Shuchi ChawlaAlgorithms for combinatorial, stochastic, and online optimization; applications to economics; algorithmic mechanism design; learning theory.
Dieter van MelkebeekComplexity theory: lower bounds for NP-complete problems, pseudorandomness and derandomization, quantum computing.
Christos Tzamos (joining Fall '18)Algorithmic game theory and mechanism design, learning theory, fine-grained complexity.
Nigel BostonNumber theory, group theory, computational algebra, coding theory, cryptography, optimization
Susan CoppersmithQuantum computing
Alberto Del PiaMixed-integer optimization, polyhedral combinatorics, combinatorial optimization
Paris KoutrisData processing for massively parallel systems, data pricing, and managing data under uncertainty
Steffen LemppComputability theory and applications to model theory
Sebastien RochApplied probability, statistics
Related Postdoctoral Researchers
- Dimitris Paparas, Postdoc 2017 › Google
- Barış Aydınlıoğlu, PhD 2017 ›
- Bryce Sandlund, MS 2017 › PhD student at University of Waterloo
- Amanda Strominger, MS 2017 › Google Madison
- Heng Guo, PhD 2015 › postdoc at Queen Mary University of London > faculty at University of Edinburgh
- Seeun William Umboh, PhD 2015 › postdoc at TU Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Tyson Williams, PhD 2015 › Blocher Consulting
- David Malec, PhD 2014 › postdoc at the University of Maryland, and consultant with Cramton Associates
- Balasubramanian (Balu) Sivan, PhD 2013 › postdoc at Microsoft Research, Redmond > researcher at Google NY
- Siddharth Barman, PhD 2012 › postdoc at CMI, Caltech > faculty at IISc, Bangalore
- Matthew Anderson, PhD 2012 › postdoc at Cambridge University > faculty at Union College
- Michael Kowalczyk, PhD 2010 › faculty at Northern Michigan University
- Jeffrey (Jeff) Kinne, PhD 2010 › faculty at Indiana State University
- Scott Diehl, PhD 2008 › faculty at Siena College > Google Madison
- Denis Charles, PhD 2005 › researcher at Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Venkat Chakravarthy, PhD 2004 › IBM Research, New Delhi