⇐ ↙ ↓ ⇑ ⇒ Contents Index
11.3 Stable Release Series 8.8
This is the stable release series of HTCondor. As usual, only bug fixes (and potentially, ports to new
platforms) will be provided in future 8.8.x releases. New features will be added in the 8.9.x development
The details of each version are described below.
- HTCondor version 8.8.0 released on January 3, 2019.
- Provides a new package: minicondor on Red Hat based systems and minihtcondor on Debian and
Ubuntu based systems. This mini-HTCondor package configures HTCondor to work on a single
machine. (Ticket #6823).
- Made the Python bindings’ JobEvent API more Pythonic by handling optional event attributes as if
the JobEvent object were a dictionary, instead. See section 7.1.1 for details. (Ticket #6820).
- Added job ad attribute BlockReadKbytes and BlockWriteKybtes which describe the number of kbytes
read and written by the job to the sandbox directory. These are only defined on Linux machines with
cgroup support enabled for vanilla jobs. (Ticket #6826).
- The new IOWait attribute gives the I/O Wait time recorded by the cgroup controller. (Ticket #6830).
- condor_ssh_to_job is now configured to be more secure. In particular, it will only use FIPS 140-2
approved algorithms. (Ticket #6822).
- Added configuration parameter CRED_SUPER_USERS, a list of users who are permitted to store credentials
for any user when using the condor_store_credd command. Normally, users can only store credentials
for themselves. (Ticket #6346).
- For packaged HTCondor installations, the package version is now present in the HTCondor version
string. (Ticket #6828).
- Fixed a problem where a daemon would queue updates indefinitely when another daemon is offline.
This is most noticeable as excess memory utilization when a condor_schedd is trying to flock to an
offline HTCondor pool. (Ticket #6837).
- Fixed a bug where invoking the Python bindings as root could change the effective uid of the calling
process. (Ticket #6817).
- Jobs in REMOVED status now properly leave the queue when evaluation of their LeaveJobInQueue
attribute changes from True to False. (Ticket #6808).
- Fixed a rarely occurring bug where the condor_schedd would crash when jobs were submitted with a
queue statement with multiple keys. The bug was introduced in the 8.7.10 release. (Ticket #6827).
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the job event log reader code that were made visible by the new JobEventLog
python object. The remote error and job terminated event did not read all of the available information
from the job log correctly. (Ticket #6816). (Ticket #6836).
- On Debian and Ubuntu systems, the templates for condor_ssh_to_job and interactive submits are no
longer installed in /etc/condor. (Ticket #6770).
⇐ ↙ ↑ ⇑ ⇒ Contents Index