⇐ ↙ ↓ ⇑ ⇒ Contents Index
11.4 Stable Release Series 8.6
This is a stable release series of HTCondor. As usual, only bug fixes (and potentially, ports to new
platforms) will be provided in future 8.6.x releases. New features will be added in the 8.7.x development
The details of each version are described below.
- HTCondor version 8.6.11 released on May 10, 2018.
- The MSI installer for Windows now appends the directory needed to use the HTCondor python bindings
libraries into the PYTHONPATH environment variable. (Ticket #6607).
- If the user sets the environment variable OMP_NUM_THREADS to some value in the submit file, trust the
user, and do not overwrite this environment variable to the actual number of provisioned CPUs when
the job runs. (Ticket #6606).
- Fixed a bug where condor_submit -i would enter the wrong Singularity container. (Ticket #6595).
- When using configuration parameter SINGULARITY_TARGET_DIR to mount the job scratch directory into
the Singularity container, update the X509_USER_PROXY environment variable to point to the proxy
file’s location inside the container. (Ticket #6625).
- Corrected a bug which could cause the shared port daemon to hang if it had been restarted, HTCondor
had been configured with an allowable port range, and that port range had filled up. (Ticket #6596).
- Fixed a bug that caused TCP port exhaustion when running a large number of instances of the
condor_chirp_client program. (Ticket #6627).
- condor_submit -i jobs now track their resource usage as normal jobs do. (Ticket #6590).
- Fixed a bug that prevented HTCondor from running jobs if HTCondor was started within a Docker
container, or more generally, with a root user id, but without CAP_SYSADMIN. (Ticket #6603).
- Fixed a bug that caused corruption of the XferStatsLog. (Ticket #6608).
- Fixed bugs in condor_q where the -global option would sometimes truncate the job cluster id and
the -hold option would truncate the hold reason. (Ticket #6634). (Ticket #6641).
- Fixed a bug where STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST was not ignoring duplicate entries. (Ticket #6604).
- Fixed a bug when running inside a docker container that would prevent the master from started unless
DISCARD_SESSION_KEYRING_ON_STARTUP was set to false. (Ticket #6602).
- Fixed a bug specific to the HTCondor Python bindings on Windows, where the call
htcondor.reload_config() would fail to see environment variable changes made by the Python program.
- DAGMan did not previously check the user log file (which it depends on for coordination with the
condor_schedd) for corruption. Now, it checks to see if the user log file has been overwritten or deleted,
and if so, exits immediately with an error. (Ticket #6579).
- Fixed a bug in the ReadUserLog class where it failed to detect if a file file has been overwritten. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug where condor_submit would not add needed file transfer plugins to the Requirements
expression when should_transfer_files was IF_NEEDED, which is the default. (Ticket #4692).
- Fixed a bug where the configuration parameter STARTD_RECOMPUTE_DISK_FREE was not honored when
creating a dynamic slot from a partitionable slot, which would sometimes result in the dynamic slot
being provisioned with not enough disk space and then failing to match the job. (Ticket #6614).
- Fixed a bug that caused the job ad attribute JobCurrentStartTransferOutputDate to be set
incorrectly. (Ticket #6617).
- Fixed a bug that could cause RemoteWallClockTime to have the wrong value in the history file. (Ticket
- The condor_schedd now considers custom machine resources when selecting the next job to run on an
idle claimed dynamic slot. (Ticket #6630).
- The attribute SlotType is now set correctly in the slot ad when the condor_schedd is selecting the
next job to run on a an idle claimed dynamic slot. (Ticket #6611).
- Fixed a bug where condor_submit with the -spool or -remote option would fail when there were no
input files to transfer. (Ticket #6655).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the condor_gridmanager to falsely believe that grid-type boinc jobs were
submitted to the BOINC server. (Ticket #6669).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the HOLD column to be missing from condor_q output when the -global
option was used. (Ticket #6661).
- Fixed a bug that caused the condor_collector to reject accounting ads when configuration parameter
COLLECTOR_REQUIREMENTS is in use. (Ticket #6673).
- Updated the systemd configuration to set the TasksMax and LimitNOFile to unlimited. Under some
versions of systemd, the TasksMax defaults to 512, which is too small for a busy submit host. (Ticket
- Reduced the RPATH in RPM builds to just the needed directories. Previously, the tarball RPATH was
used. (Ticket #6662).
- On the Windows platform, the HTCondor daemons will attempt a NETWORK login to impersonate a
user if the INTERACTIVE login fails. (Ticket #6640).
- HTCondor version 8.6.10 released on March 13, 2018.
- Fixed a bug that caused condor_preen to crash before it finished cleaning the spool directory and leave
a core file of its own in the log directory. This problem occurred on submit nodes that had running
jobs when condor_preen was invoked. (Ticket #6521).
- Improved the systemd configuration to clean up HTCondor processes on shutdown in the event that
the condor_master fails to do so. (Ticket #6539).
- HTCondor daemons will do fast shutdown whenever their parent process exits unexpectedly. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug that would cause condor_q to crash if the hostname was longer than 64 bytes. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug where if an administrator configured a Concurrency Limit whose name ended in a number,
condor_userprio -allusers would show additional bogus user entries. (Ticket #6542).
- Fixed a bug where the condor_starter would crash when talking to a shadow running a condor version
older than 8.5 and match authentication was enabled. (Ticket #6520).
- Fixed a bug in Python API htcondor.Secman().ping() method which would sometimes result in a
RunTimeError exception. (Ticket #6562).
- Fixed a bug where policy: want_hold_if would always evict standard universe jobs instead of
putting them on hold. Instead, this policy now ignores standard universe jobs entirely. This means
that the metaknobs policy: hold_if_memory_exceeded and policy: hold_if_cpus_exceeded will
also ignore standard universe jobs entirely (instead of its previous bad behavior of of letting standard
universe jobs use more than their requested memory until the first time they were evicted, whereafter
each restart would be immediately evicted). (Ticket #6583).
- The metaknob policy: hold_if_memory_exceeded and policy: preempt_if_memory_exceeded
now ignore VM universe jobs. These jobs can’t exceed their requested memory. (Ticket #6583).
- Fixed a bug which mischaracterized the MemoryUsage of VM universe jobs. This should allow VM
universe jobs to run when feature: Hold_If_Memory_Exceeded is enabled. (Ticket #6577).
- Fixed a bug where the condor_shadow could accidentally kill itself by not checking if it was attempting
to change immutable attributes. (Ticket #6557).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the condor_collector to exit with an assertion error under certain (rare)
conditions when it has no outgoing connectivity to the Internet. (Ticket #6511).
- Fixed a bug that would cause any daemons interfacing with the CREDMON to retry indefinitely when
polling for credentials. (Ticket #6523).
- Fixed a bug that prevented grid-type batch jobs from being removed after an attempt to submit to
the underlying batch system failed. (Ticket #6586).
- Fixed a bug in python plugin support for the condor_collector that would result in the condor_collector
switching from writing from the CollectorLog to writing to the ToolLog after a reconfig. (Ticket #6588).
- Fixed a bug in the $F() macro expansion in submit and configuration files that would cause a crash if
the argument to the macro was a file literal rather than a variable name. (Ticket #6531).
- Fixed a bug that allowed the condor_schedd to attempt to run jobs on a dynamic slot that requested
more resources than the slot provided. (Ticket #6593).
- HTCondor version 8.6.9 released on January 4, 2018.
- When a daemon crashes, more information about the cause is now written to its log file. (Ticket #6483).
- Fixed a bug in the group quotas that would give too much surplus quota to some groups when
ACCEPT_SURPLUS is on and NEGOTIATOR_ALLOW_QUOTA_OVERSUBSCRIPTION is true (the default) (Ticket
- Fixed a bug in the Python bindings when doing queries that specify a projection with the “attr_list”
argument. The bug could could potentially result in memory corruption of the python interpreter
process. (Ticket #6468).
- Reduced the
amount of time that condor_preen will block the condor_schedd. condor_preen now connects only
when specifically needed, and automatically disconnects after PREEN_MAX_SCHEDD_CONNECTION_TIME
seconds. (Ticket #6490).
- Fixed a bug on Windows that would often result in the job sandbox on the execute node not being
deleted when the condor_schedd relinquished its claim on the slot before the condor_starter had
exited. (Ticket #6497).
- Fixed a bug where the condor_master stopped sending watchdog notifications to systemd after
restarting itself. This resulted in systemd killing the condor_master shortly after the restart. (Ticket
- Updated the systemd configuration to only restart HTCondor upon failure. Otherwise, systemd would
restart HTCondor if condor_off requested the condor_master to exit. (Ticket #6503).
- Fixed a bug with the use of the scheduler parameter MAX_JOBS_SUBMITTED. If this limit was ever reached
by a submit with more than one proc in the cluster, the limit would be reduced by the difference until
the condor_schedd was restarted. (Ticket #6460).
- Fixed a bug that caused very large RequestDisk requests to fail, and cause the Disk attribute in the
machine ad to go negative. (Ticket #6467).
- Fixed a bug with the RESERVED_DISK parameter that would not accept an argument larger than 2
Gigabytes. (Ticket #6472).
- Improved validation of the lengths of messages in PASSWORD and SSL authentication methods. (Ticket
- Fixed a problem where the VM universe would be taken offline on the execute node, if the qcow2 disk
image was corrupt. The offending job is now put on hold with an appropriate hold message. (Ticket
- Fixed a problem which would prevent Java universe jobs from working when using a relative path name
to a jar file and submitting from Linux to Windows or vice versa. (Ticket #6474).
- Fixed a bug on 32 bit Linux systems that caused the starter to crash on startup if cgroup limits were
enabled. (Ticket #6501).
- Fixed a bug in Startd Cron (see 4.4.3) where, in effect, SlotMergeConstraint was ignored. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug when IPv6 is enabled which could cause the condor_startd to crash when spawning a
starter. (Ticket #6462).
- Fixed a bug in condor_q which could cause the DONE amount to be incorrect when multiple clusters
shared a batch name. (Ticket #6469).
- Fixed issue on newer versions of Linux where core files generated by a daemon were not usable by gdb.
A side effect of this fix is that the configuration parameter CORE_FILE_NAME no longer has any effect
on Linux. (Ticket #6482).
- condor_chirp will now no longer abort when given a command that it cannot successfully execute,
such as fetching a file that does not exist. (Ticket #6402).
- Removed unneeded copy_to_spool statement from default interactive submit file. (Ticket #6315).
- HTCondor version 8.6.8 released on November 14, 2017.
- HTCondor version 8.6.7 released on October 31, 2017.
- Added support for HTTPS transfers in the curl_plugin utility. (Ticket #6253).
- Job attributes that are recognized by the batch_gahp but not by HTCondor can now be specified in
the job ad without using a prefix of Remote_. (Ticket #6422).
- Fixed a bug that caused systems using cgroup memory limits to not properly reset the memory limit
after the first use of a slot. The memory limit would get reused from the previous slot value. (Ticket
- Added SELinux type enforcement rules to allow condor_ssh_to_job to function on Enterprise Linux
7. (Ticket #6362).
- Asking systemd to stop condor now allows the HTCondor daemons to properly clean up, instead of
simply immediately sending a SIGKILL. As a result, HTCondor daemons stopped via systemd will no
longer continue to appear alive with condor_status. (Ticket #6096).
- Fixed problems in python bindings when using the Submit class to submit jobs specifying environment
variables or file redirection. (Ticket #6420).
- Change the default value of STARTD_RECOMPUTE_DISK_FREE to false, so that the Disk
attribute is mostly correct for partitionable slots. (Ticket #6424).
- Docker universe now sets the cgroup cpu-shares field to 100 times the number of requested cores, which
matches vanilla universe. (Ticket #6423).
- MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH when used in Docker universe can now be an expression, not just a
literal string. This matches the way it works in vanilla universe. (Ticket #6401).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the condor_startd to crash when spawning a condor_starter with mixed
mode networking. (Ticket #6461).
- Fixed a bug that caused the condor_collector on Windows to refuse connections whenever the number
of open sockets was more than 820 even though space was allocated for 1024 open sockets. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug that caused the configuration variable DEFAULT_MASTER_SHUTDOWN_SCRIPT to be ignored
on Windows when the condor_master was running as a service. (Ticket #6458).
- condor_status will now print longer lines when its output is redirected into a pipe, rather than its
input coming from one. (Ticket #6381).
- Fixed a crash in condor_transferer when a connection can’t be established with its peer. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug that caused condor_job_router_info to crash if configuration parameter
JOB_ROUTER_ENTRIES_REFRESH was set to a positive value. (Ticket #6444).
- Fixed a bug in condor_history that caused it to print invalid XML or JSON syntax when reading from
multiple history files. (Ticket #6437).
- Fixed a bug in the condor_schedd which resulted in the IsNoopJob job attribute sometimes being
ignored if the the value of this attribute was changed after the job was submitted. (Ticket #6396).
- Fixed a bug that rarely caused slurm jobs to be held. When slurm reports memory utilization and it
is a multiple of 1024k, Slurm uses the ’M’ suffix. The parsing logic was extended to also interpret the
’M’, ’G’, ’T’, and ’P’ suffixes for memory utilization. (Ticket #6431).
- The condor-bosco RPM ensures the rsync is installed as required by the Bosco scripts. (Ticket #6439).
- To avoid unnecessary transfers when copy_to_spool is set in the submit file, HTCondor no longer
copies the executable to the local spool directory more than once for a cluster. (Ticket #6454).
- HTCondor version 8.6.6 released on September 12, 2017.
- Fixed a bug that might cause the condor_schedd or other daemons to crash when logging on Linux to
the syslog facility, and the condor_reconfig command was run. (Ticket #6364).
- Fixed a bug that prevented condor daemons from writing out a core file for debugging in the very
unlikely event that one of them crashed. (Ticket #6365).
- Fixed a bug where the negotiator would make matches where the daemons involved did not share an
IP version, and thus could not talk to each other. (Ticket #6351).
- HTCondor now works properly with systemd’s watchdog feature on all flavors of Linux. Previously,
the condor_master wouldn’t send alive messages to systemd if systemd wasn’t part of the Linux
distribution’s standard configuration. This would result in systemd killing the HTCondor daemons
after a short period of time. (Ticket #6385).
- Fixed handling of backslashes in string values in old ClassAds format in the python bindings. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug in how the CPU usage of Slurm jobs is interpreted. (Ticket #6380).
- Fixed a bug that caused a machine claimed by a parallel universe job to stick in the Claimed/Idle state
forever. This could only happen if the job was removed as it was in the process of claiming resources.
- Fixed a bug that caused a machine to stick in the Preempting/Vacating state after a job was removed
when a JOB_EXIT_HOOK was defined. (Ticket #6383).
- Added type enforcement rules for cgroups to HTCondor’s SELinux profile. (Ticket #6168).
- Fixed a bug where setting delegate_job_gsi_credentials_lifetime to 0 in a submit description
file was treated the same as not setting it at all. (Ticket #6375).
- Fixed handling of octal escape sequences in ClassAd strings. (Ticket #6384).
- Updated Boost external to version 1.64. (Ticket #6369).
- HTCondor version 8.6.5 released on August 1, 2017.
- Added avx2 to the set of processor flags advertised by the condor_startd. (Ticket #6317).
- Fixed a bug in socket clean-up that was causing a memory leak. This may have been particularly
noticeable in the condor_collector. (Ticket #6342).
- Fixed a bug that caused an infinite loop in the condor_starter when cgroups were enabled on systems
(such as Debian) where the kernel has disabled the memory accounting controller. A job on such a
system would go into the "R" state, but never actually start running. (Ticket #6347).
- Fixed a bug where setting NETWORK_INTERFACE to an IPv6 address could cause HTCondor daemons to
except. (Ticket #6339).
- Fixed a bug where a cross protocol CCB connection would cause the condor_shadow or condor_schedd
to except. (Ticket #6344).
- Fixed a bug where the wildcard ’*’ in ALLOW or DENY lists was being interpreted as only matching
IPv4 addresses. It now properly matches any address family. (Ticket #6340).
- Fixed a bug where reverse resolutions could return the string representation of the address in question
instead of failing. This resulted in spurious warnings of the form "WARNING: forward resolution of
2001:630:10:f001::19a0 doesn’t match 2001:630:10:f001::19a0!" (Ticket #6338).
- Fixed a bug which prevented using an ImDisk RAM disk as the execute directory on Windows. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug where removal of a job could cause another job from the same user to also be removed.
This was mostly likely to happen when the condor_schedd is under heavy load. (Ticket #6353).
- Fixed a bug that cause parallel universe jobs not to start on pools with partitionable slots. (Ticket
- Fixed a problem, introduced in HTCondor 8.6.4, where the condor_collector plugins where loaded but
not used. (Ticket #6343).
- Fixed a bug where "condor_q -grid" did not display the status column for any non-Globus job. (Ticket
- Fixed bugs in the condor_schedd and condor_negotiator that could cause jobs to not be negotiated
for when NEGOTIATOR_PREFETCH_REQUESTS is set to TRUE. (Ticket #6336). (Ticket #6312).
- HTCondor version 8.6.4 released on June 22, 2017.
- Fixed a bug with PASSWORD authentication that would sporadically cause it to fail to exchange keys,
due to whether or not the first round-trip of communications blocked on reading from the network.
- Pslot preemption now properly handles machine custom resources, such as GPUs. (Ticket #6297).
- Fixed a bug that prevented HTCondor from correctly setting virtual memory cgroup limits when soft
physical memory limits were being used. (Ticket #6294).
- Fixed a bug that prevented parallel universe jobs from running that used $$() expansion in submit
files. (Ticket #6299).
- Added a new knob, STARTD_RECOMPUTE_DISK_FREE, which defaults to true, which tells the startd to
periodically recompute and advertise free disk space. Admins can set this to false for partitionable slots
whose execute directory is used by HTCondor alone. (Ticket #6301).
- Fixed a bug that could cause condor_submit to fail to submit a job with a proxy file to a condor_schedd
older than 8.5.8, due to the absence of an X.509 CA certificates directory. (Ticket #6258).
- Restored a check in condor_submit about whether the job’s X.509 proxy has sufficient lifetime
remaining. (Ticket #6283).
- Fixed a bug in condor_dagman where the DAG status file showed an incorrect status code if submit
attempts failed for the final node. (Ticket #6069).
- Bosco now properly identifies CentOS 7 as a supported platform. (Ticket #6303).
- Fixed a bug when Bosco is used to submit jobs to multiple remote clusters. When arguments to
remote_gahp are provided in the GridResource attribute, jobs could be submitted to the wrong cluster.
- To speed up the installation process on Enterprise Linux 7, the SELinux profile is now reloaded only
once, when setting the HTCondor daemons to run in permissive mode. (Ticket #6304).
- Update the systemd configuration on Enterprise Linux 7 to start the condor_master after time
synchronization is achieved. This prevents unnecessary daemon restarts due to sudden time shifts.
- The condor_shadow will now ignore updates of JobStartDate from the condor_starter since the
condor_schedd already sets this attribute correctly and the condor_starter incorrectly tries to set it
even if the job has already run once. A consequence of this fix is that the value of JobStartDate that
the condor_startd uses for policy expressions will be different than the value that the condor_schedd
uses. Resolving this problem will potentially break existing policy expressions in the condor_startd,
so it will be be not be changed in the 8.6 series, but fixed in the 8.7 series. (Ticket #6280).
- Fixed a bug where per-instance job attributes like RemoteHost would show up in the history file for
completed jobs. This bug occurred if a job happened to complete while the condor_schedd was in the
process of a graceful shutdown. (Ticket #6251).
- The condor_convert_history command is present again in this release. (Ticket #6282).
- The parameter SETTABLE_ATTRS_ADMINISTRATOR is now correctly appears in condor_config_val.
- HTCondor version 8.6.3 released on May 9, 2017.
- Fixed a bug that rarely corrupts the condor_schedd’s job queue log file when the input sandbox of a
job with an X.509 proxy file is spooled. (Ticket #6240).
- Fixed a memory leak in the Python bindings related to logging. (Ticket #6227).
- HTCondor version 8.6.2 released on April 24, 2017.
- Added metaknobs for defining map files for use with the ClassAd usermap function in the
condor_schedd, and a metaknob for automatically assigning an accounting group to a job based on a
mapping of the owner name of the job. (Ticket #6179).
- When the condor_credd is polling for credentials, the timeout is now configurable using
- The reverse option for condor_q was changed to reverse-analyze, and it now implies
better-analyze. Formerly, the reverse option was ignored unless -better-analyze was also specified.
- Fixed a bug that could cause condor_store_cred to fail on Windows due to a case-sensitive check of
the user’s account name. (Ticket #6200).
- Updated Open MPI helper script to catch and handle SIGTERM and to use bash explicitly. (Ticket
- Docker Universe jobs now update the RemoteSysCpu attributes for job and in the job log. Previously,
this field was always 0. (Ticket #6173).
- Docker universe detection is now more robust in the face of extraneous output to standard error on
docker startup. This was preventing Condor from detecting that docker was properly working on hosts.
- Fixed a bug that prevented SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT and JOB_TRANSFORM expressions from referencing
job attributes describing the job’s X.509 proxy credential. (Ticket #6188).
- The Linux kernel tuning script no longer adjusts some kernel parameters unless a condor_schedd will
be started by the master. (Ticket #6208).
- Fixed a bug that caused all but the first in a list of metaknobs to be ignored unless there were
commas separating the list items. So use ROLE : Execute CentralManager would incorrectly add
only the Execute role. Previously, use ROLE : Execute, CentralManager would correctly add both
roles. (Ticket #6171).
- Worked around a problem with FORTRAN programs built with condor_compile and recent versions
of gfortran (4.7.2 was OK, 4.8.5 was not), where those executables would not write to standard out if
started in the standard universe. Also, updated the checkpointing library to permit condor_compile
to successfully link FORTRAN (and other) programs calling certain math functions and built against
up-to-date versions of glibc. (Ticket #6026).
- The default values for HAD_SOCKET_NAME and REPLICATION_SOCKET_NAME have changed to enable the
documented configuration for using these services with shared port to work. (Ticket #6186).
- Fixed a bug that caused condor_dagman to sometimes (rarely, but repeatably) crash when parsing
DAGs containing splices. (Ticket #6170).
- The configuration parameters that control when job policy expressions are evaluated now work as
documented. Previously, the default value for PERIODIC_EXPR_INTERVAL was 300, not 60 as intended.
Also, the parameters MAX_PERIODIC_EXPR_INTERVAL and PERIODIC_EXPR_TIMESLICE were ignored for
grid universe jobs. (Ticket #6199).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Job Router to crash if the job_queue.log contained invalid or
incomplete records. (Ticket #6195).
- Fixed a bug that caused updates of the job attribute x509UserProxyExpiration to be ignored for job
policy evaluation when the job was managed by the Job Router. (Ticket #6209).
- Changed the default value of configuration parameters CREAM_GAHP_WORKER_THREADS to the value of
GRIDMANAGER_MAX_PENDING_REQUESTS. This should prevent a back-log of commands in the CREAM
GAHP observed by some users. (Ticket #6071).
- Fixed modification of PYTHONPATH environment variable that could fail in bash if set -u is enabled.
- bosco_quickstart no longer assumes that submitting to a Slurm cluster requires the PBS emulation
module. (Ticket #6211).
- Fixed a bug that caused condor_submit -dump to crash when the submit file had an attribute to
enable the use of an x509 user proxy. (Ticket #6197).
- Updated the supported platform list in the Bosco installer script to include Ubuntu 16 and Mac OSX
10.12. Also, dropped Ubuntu 12 and Mac OSX 10.6 through 10.9. (Ticket #6178).
- Fixed a bug which in some obscure configurations caused a spurious PERMISSION DENIED error was
printed in the StartLog when activating a claim. (Ticket #6172)..
- Fixed a bug which forced the administrator to restart (rather than reconfigure) running daemons after
adding an entry to a DENY_* authorization list. (Ticket #6172)..
- HTCondor version 8.6.1 released on March 2, 2017.
- condor_q now checks to see if authentication and security negotiation are enabled before attempting to
request only the current users jobs from the condor_schedd. Prior to this change, configurations that
disabled security or authentication would also need to set CONDOR_Q_ONLY_MY_JOBS to false. (Ticket
- The CLAIMTOBE authentication method is now in the list of methods for READ access if no list of
authentication methods for READ or DEFAULT is specified in the configuration. This change allows
sites that use the default host based security model to use condor_q -global with the only-my-jobs
feature without making changes to their security configuration. (Ticket #6125).
- The collector now records the authentication method used to determine the authenticated identity.
- Update Docker interface to be able to retrieve usage information from running containers and to remove
containers when certain errors occurred when using Docker version 1.13. (Ticket #6088).
- In Docker universe, all writes to files in /tmp and /var/tmp by default write inside the container. There
is a limit on the file size within the container, and jobs that write a lot to /tmp may hit that. If a
docker universe job now runs on a system with MOUNT_UNDER_SCRATCH defined, HTCondor now adds
those mounts as volume mounts, so file writes do not go to the container, but to the host file system.
- Fixed a bug in condor_status -format and condor_q -format that caused the tools to truncate
output to the width specified in the format specifier. The most likely manifestation of this bug was
that punctuation after the format would not be printed when the format had an explicit width. (Ticket
- Fixed a bug that caused spurious shared port-related error messages to appear in the dagman.out file
(by adding the new DAGMAN_USE_SHARED_PORT configuration macro). (Ticket #6156).
- Fixed a bug that caused VM universe jobs to fail if the vm_disk submit command contained spaces
after a comma. (Ticket #6132).
- Fixed a bug that can cause the Job Router and condor_c-gahp to crash if they fail to submit a job
due to submit transforms or submit requirements. (Ticket #6152).
- Fixed a bug that caused the Job Router to not route any jobs if the JOB_ROUTER_DEFAULTS configuration
parameter value started with white space. (Ticket #6128).
- Fixed several bugs in how the Job Router writes to job event logs. (Ticket #6092).
- Removed Bosco’s attempt to configure a default value for grid_resource in the submit description
file, as condor_submit no longer supports this ability. Also, Bosco now works with Slurm clusters.
- Changed Bosco’s configuration of the condor_ft-gahp to eliminate worrying error messages in the
condor_ft-gahp’s log file. (Ticket #6107).
- Fixed a bug that could cause a grid batch job submitted to PBS or Slurm to go on hold when the job’s
X.509 proxy is refreshed. (Ticket #6136).
- Fixed a bug where the condor_gridmanager fails to put a job on hold due to the desired hold reason
containing invalid characters. (Ticket #6142).
- Improved the hold reason when submission of a grid-type batch job fails. (Ticket #3377).
- Update helper scripts to work with current versions of Open MPI and MPICH2. (Ticket #6024).
- Fixes a bug that could cause events for local universe jobs to not be written to the global event log.
- Fixed a bug on execute machines that enable PID namespaces that would generate a spurious error
message in the daemon log when condor_off -fast was issued. (Ticket #6137).
- Fixed a bug that could corrupt the job queue log file such that the condor_schedd cannot restart. The
bug is mostly likely to occur if the disk becomes full. (Ticket #6153).
- Incremented the ClassAd library version number, since the deprecated iostream interface has been
removed. (Ticket #6050). (Ticket #6115).
- HTCondor version 8.6.0 released on January 26, 2017.
- Added two new job ClassAd attributes, CumulativeRemoteSysCpu and CumulativeRemoteUserCpu,
which keep a running total of system and user CPU usage, respectively, across all job restarts. Also,
immediately clear attributes RemoteSysCpu and RemoveUserCpu on job start, instead of on first update.
- Added a new configuration knob, ALWAYS_REUSEADDR, which defaults to True. When True, it tells
HTCondor to set the SO_REUSEADDR socket option, so that the schedd can run large numbers of very
short jobs without exhausting the number of local ports needed for shadows. (Ticket #6040).
- Changed the default value of IGNORE_LEAF_OOM to True. (Ticket #5775).
- Fixed a bug causing unnecessarily slow updates from the condor_startd. If you depend on the old
behavior, set UPDATE_SPREAD_TIME to 8. A value of 0 enables the fix. (Ticket #6062).
- Fixed a race condition when running multiple concurrent jobs on the same claim. When the starter
exits, it notifies the shadow, which tells the startd to kill the starter. Immediately after the shadows
tells the startd, it fetches the next job, and tries to start it. If the starter hasn’t completely exited
yet (perhaps it needs to clean up a large sandbox), it will notice the shadow has closed the command
socket, and the starter will go into disconnected mode, and get confused. This has been fixed. (Ticket
- Fixed an infelicity with condor_submit -i and docker universe, where it would start an interactive shell
without a container. Added error message expressing that this combination is not currently supported.
- When a job claimed by the Job Router is held or removed, it is no longer considered a failure of the
job route chosen for that job. (Ticket #5968).
- Fixed a bug in recovering a Google Compute Engine (GCE) job if the condor_gridmanager restarts
during submission of the instance request. (Ticket #6078).
- Fixed a bug that could cause re-installation of a remote cluster to fail in Bosco. (Ticket #6042).
- Fixed a bug with handling the proxy files of grid-type batch jobs when the proxy’s file name is a relative
path. (Ticket #6053).
- Fixed a bug that caused the batch_gahp to crash when a job’s X.509 proxy is refreshed and the
batch_gahp is configured to not create a limited copy of the proxy. (Ticket #6051).
- Fixed a bug in the virtual machine universe where RequestMemory and RequestCPUs were not changing
the resources assigned to the VM created by HTCondor. Now, VM_Memory defaults to RequestMemory,
and the number of CPUs defaults to RequestCPUs. (Ticket #5998).
⇐ ↙ ↑ ⇑ ⇒ Contents Index