Advanced Graphics 2009
- Clone attack! Perception of crowd variety
- The paper focuses on how to make a crowd look varied although it is really not.
- This is interesting because one of the things I notice most often in say, a sports game, is the entire crowd moving in sync or all looking the same- it is very unrealistic and kind of breaks the atmosphere of the game.
- A mass spring model for hair simulation
- The paper discusses a hair model that is less computationally-intensive than more sophisticated models. It also renders each hair separately instead of as groups, which seems like it would be more interesting.
- I found this interesting because hair is something that seems simple but would actually be incredibly difficult to render correctly. It is also interesting because it deals with springs, which we did in Game Tech.
- Bubbles alive
- The paper discusses how to make multiphase fluids, such as bubbly water.
- This seems interesting because it seems to combine fluid rendering and particle effects.