CS559 - Computer Graphics
The course reader contains book chapters, notes and articles that are
required reading for the class. Specific sections will be recommended
Note that the reader is not the same as that used for 559 in previous
- Achromatic and Chromatic Light
from J. Foley, A van Dam, S. Feiner and J. Hughes,
Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition in C
Chapter 13, Addison-Wesley, 1990.
- Basic Signal Processing
Pat Hanrahan, unpublished notes.
- Compositing Digital Images
Tom Porter and Tom Duff, in the Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 84.
- Image Compositing Fundamentals
Alvy Ray Smith, Microsoft Technical Memo #4
- Basic Raster Graphics Algorithms for Drawing 2D Primitives
from J. Foley, A van Dam, S. Feiner, J. Hughes and R. Phillips,
Introduction to Computer Graphics
Chapter 3, Addison-Wesley, 1994.
- Elimination of Hidden Surfaces
F.S. Hill, Computer Graphics Using Open GL
Chapter 13, Prentice Hall, 2001.
- Three-Dimensional Object Representations
D. Hearn and P. Baker, Computer Graphics: C Version
Chapter 10, sections 1-10, Prentice Hall, 1996.
- Principles of Traditional Animation Applied to Computer Animation
John Lasseter, in the Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 87.
CS559 Home Page